CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2015

Pickled Japanese Loquat

26 Feb 2015, Thursday
After Chinese New Year is over, the supermarket started selling lots of Japanese Loquat/Kumquat. Since its suppose to be good for itchy or sore throat, I decided to embark on my first pickled Kumquat adventure.

Here's what I did:

2 boxes of Japanese loquat S$5.98 each per box
Sea salt - 1 packet

Method:

1) Make sure your jar is sterilize. I got mine from Daiso for S$2 each. Washed and dried since its new.
2) Slit the kumquat/loquat crisscross at the bottom.
3) Press down and stack the kumquat/loquat alternating with sea salt. Must be fully packed into the jar. I left the jar at the bottom of the fridge because of Singapore hot weather, I hate to see mold forming.

Now, let's wait 2-4 weeks time for update on pickled kumquat.


0 comments: