CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mint Museum@Seah Street

The white Polar bear lookalike is made by Alicia, my bear making teacher while the other one lovingly looking at the smaller bear, well, not sure who did that. Have to wait till August for their grand opening.

Some of the olden days bear displayed at the museum.


I have always wanted to see our very own bear museum in singapore and I finally did yesterday with my girl. We had a set lunch at the museum cafe, nothing to boast about. The food is just so and so and the marble cheese cake is a bit tad too hard.
When we finally paid like $15.00 for an adult and $7.50 for student, we sent in expecting to see a 5 floor toys museum. Every floor is deck with wall glass cabinet of toys from back to the past era, like tin cans, (grandpa, please don't throw away your tin-can, it is worth much more now) and astro boy, godzilla, betty boob, flash gordon, batman, ultra man, etc, etc.......
When I finally came down to the floor for collectibles, I found my bears. Abit disappointing as I was expecting the old frumpy bear or really torn, used bear that I have seen in the magazine. Or some really fanciful bears made by our very own local bear maker. But what I saw was just old bears. That's it. Just old bears.
Sorry, will not pay to enter the museum again even for their grand opening. I think they should sort out local bear maker to make fanciful bears for display or local toy maker as well. Am sure singapore as many of those talent or hold a competition on toy making to attract more people to view the display. Still like the Korean bear museum. Must go one day to have a look. Miss it the last time I was there.

0 comments: